Libreband & Dexband Sizing Instructions
Libreband fitting & tips for a comfortable wear
- For the first wear of the armband, you will need to make sizing adjustments to get a good fit. This is achieved by pulling the strap through the plastic sliderto find the right position so that it comfortably fits around the circumference of the upper arm. Some trial and error may be necessary to get this right initially. Assistance from another person may also help.
- The velcro on each side of the strap should always align. It is there to secure the armband in place, not for overall sizing. The velcro is the optimum size for the armband when sized correctly - it should not be too short or flap, and the armband should not slip. It does not need to be pulled tight. It is NOT like elastic.
- Once adjusted for the first wear, the slider should notneed to be adjusted and the strap should not be undone.
- To wear the armband, simply slide it (or 'walk' it) up and down the arm and lift the cover carefully over the sensor. For some users, help from another person can make this easier.
- To maintain a good, comfortable fit, small adjustments can be made with the velcro by unfastening and re-fastening. Arm sizes can vary slightly throughout the dayand also change in different conditions and climate. Remember, the armband should not be able to slip, nor be be pulled tight.
- An explanation of how to make the fitting adjustments is given on the reverse of "Your Libreband" card in the packaging. There is also a demonstration about the sizing on this video, on our website and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf3rcEl_mfg