Welcome to our Summer Quiz.
Answer the 12 questions below to see if your Libre Life is up-to-date.
1. In which of these countries is Type 1 diabetes most prevalent in the World?
2. What test can you perform to see if you are dehydrated?
A. Fingerprick test
B. Pinch test
C. Glucose tolerance test
D. Ketone test
3. Which of these activities will help you the most to keep your sensor attached in hot weather?
A. Using sunscreen
B. Being less active
C. Drinking water
D. Keeping covered up
4. Showering after swimming can help to keep your sensor attached. True or false?
5. Which of these would you show to airport security to explain your use of a CGM/pump?
A. Medical ID
B. Hidden Disability card
C. Doctor's letter
D. Medical Device Awareness Card (MDAC)
6. Which of these CGM doesn't use a needle as part of the application process?
A. FreeStyle Libre 3
B. GlucoMen Day
C. Dexcom ONE
D. GlucoRx AiDEX
7. Which T1 sports person and ambassador for FreeStyle Libre, appears to wear their sensor on their buttocks?
A. Henry Slade (Rugby)
B. Chris Bright (Football)
C. Muhammad Ali (Boxer)
D. Sam Brand (Cycling)
8. Which of the following is not an advantage of the Dexcom ONE CGM?
A. Real-time updates every 5 minutes (no scanning)
B. Ability for carers to follow
C. Can be worn on the abdomen or upper arm, plus buttocks for ages 2-17years
D. IP68 waterproof rating, up to 24 hours in depth up to 2.4 metres
9. To keep your feet healthy you should always moisturise between your toes. True or False?
10. Which of the following popular summer cocktails contains the highest amount of carbs?
B. Gin & Tonic
C. Long Island Iced Tea
11. Using a 'waterproof' cover will increase the IP rating of a sensor. True or false?
12. Which animal with type 1 diabetes, housed at Edinburgh Zoo, wears a Dexcom G6 sensor?
A. Masindi - Chimpanzee
B. Ace - Meerkat
C. Inala - Koala
D. Nala - Anteater
I hope you found the quiz interesting. Thank you for your time and participation!
You can get the answers and results here. We have also collated the statistics so you can see how you faired compared to other participants.
Small but Important Details
Libre Life publications are independent of any involvement by medtech companies or diabetes related charities.
Details and data is correct to the best of the author’s knowledge at the time this blog is published. We do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions. Information is for guidance only.
Content here and on our website www.lovemylibre.com does not constitute medical advice or replace the relationship between you and healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.
The author of this quiz has type 1 diabetes and uses the FreeStyle Libre 2 which is provided on NHS prescription. We do not have any affiliate relationship with Abbott, FreeStyle Libre or any other third party.